If you are a high end makeup fan but are opposed to the despicable practice of animal testing, there is good news for you! There are lots more choices than you might think. I have always favored high end makeup, but I do not favor most well-known brands at all anymore because they are not cruelty-free. To my surprise, when I started searching for high end cruelty-free makeup brands, I found several that offer exquisite products to make your skin look and feel amazing!
I have a firm commitment to not purchasing any product, makeup or any other type of product, that is tested on animals, so when I found these makeup brands, I wanted to share my findings. I hope you have the same commitment. Whether you are tossing out your old makeup and bringing in the new or whether you have been using cruelty-free brands for a long time, these high end brands are sure to please!
1. 100% Pure – This company offers vegan, natural, and organic products including fruit pigmented makeup, a complete skin care line, luxury bath and body products, shampoos and conditioners, and even baby products.
I just ordered blush powder and a lipstick. I was a little worried at first because the blush, in a color called “plum,” looked very pink in the container. But when I got it on, it was the perfect shade of plum! Both the lipstick and the blush shades are vibrant and look great even after hours of wear! I even love the shiny pink and lavender containers my products came in! Here is a statement found on the back of the packing slip included with my order:
2. By Terry – This is a luxury cosmetics line founded by Terry de Gunzberg of France. The line includes makeup, skin care, and fragrances and is carried by upscale department stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s. There are By Terry boutiques in some cities, and in Paris, personalized makeup up consultations and lessons are offered.
By Terry does not test on animals. I did not find this on their website but, Suzi at Cruelty-Free Kitty emailed the company and posted the response on her site. You can see the actual countries where By Terry is sold at By Terry. You will see that the line is sold in Hong Kong, but Hong Kong is not in mainland China (where animal testing is required by law).
3. Rouge Bunny Rouge – This brand offers makeup, primers, cleansers, and fragrances. Their Milk Aquarelle Foundation comes in such delectable sounding shades as Coconut Milk Parfait and Almond Milk Parfait. Here is a screenshot of their position on animal testing found on their site:
4. Milk Makeup – This product line seems to be geared toward younger women, and their website is very happy and light-hearted. The only foundation I found is called Sunshine Skin Tint which is sheer but buildable and is vegan. They also have something called Blur Stick, also vegan, which is used to minimize pores and give makeup staying power. Here is a screenshot from their website regarding animal testing:
5. Jane Iredale – I’m totally impressed with this brand, mainly for their commitment to animals and their cruelty-free stand. They are both Leaping Bunny and PETA certified. I am also impressed with their wide range of products and shades, especially their lipstick shades! Many Jane Iredale products are vegan, another plus! And they have a page on their site which tells exactly which products contain animal-derived ingredients so you can make informed choices, especially if you prefer vegan. Okay, I might as well include screen shots of this company’s animal-related commitments as well:
I am excited to be able to share these high end cruelty-free makeup brands with you! Do you have a favorite that is not on the list or have you tried one of these brands? Please tell us about your experience in the comments.
Like this post? Please share!
For the Love of Animals,